Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Projects

One project was to refinish Colins chest of drawers. My sister and I shared it when we were growing up. When we first got it way back then it had a pale yellow veneer coat. I painted it white at some point and finally decided it was time to refinish it. It's a solid piece of furniture and I didn't want to buy anything new.

after I began sanding..the final product... At church we had a service auction. I bid on a friend offering her services to help shop for, make and install window treatments. I've really been wanting to do something to our family room windows. So I bid on it and won. This project was a lot of fun and not too expensive! Definately cheaper than custom ordering them.



I decided that I'd like Roman shades. I love the fabric and how it looks with the whole room.

My next idea for the windows is to frame them with moulding. I think that will complete the look.


We put some rocks along our flower bed on Saturday. The boys were with my brother and so Chris and I got to be alone while we worked. I told him I love projects and he responded it's b/c I have ADD. Well, that might be the case, but I still enjoy them! He just doesn't like me spending money!

1 comment:

Sharae Peterson said...

Super cute family room. Hopefully we can get scott up there soon to help you guys frame the windows that would look awesome. Love ya